Prep time 30 min | Bake time 25 min | Total time 60 min | Servings 12 rolls | vegan
An easy, quick snack or dessert? Try these beauties out and you won’t regret it I promise you. These blueberry rolls are exactly what you need to make your day a little brighter. Sweet but without refined sugar and vegan!
How to make Blueberry Rolls and its icing
For the Buns
- 515 g Spelt flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 5 g baking soda
- 285 ml coconut milk
- 250 g blueberries
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
For the Cashew icing
- 96 g soaked cashews
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 30 g coconut oil (melted)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175° C
- Mix the flour with the baking soda and baking powder in a big bowl
- Add the coconut milk
- Knead the mixture to create a dough
- Spread a little bit of flour on a plane surface to roll out the dough
- Once the dough is spread evenly, you can sprinkle some cinnamon and powdered sugar over. This is optional
- Cut long rods trough the dough
- Dispose the berries on the long rods just cut and roll them up. You can grease your hands with coconut oil if it helps
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 min.
- Once your rolls are baked, let them cool down first and then sprinkle some icing on top
For the icing:
- The cashews must be soaked at least an hour in warm water, or overnight in cold water
- Add all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth.
In need of a treat to bring to a party, brunch, meeting you’re invited to? These blueberry rolls are easy, yummy, simple, delicious. You absolutely cannot go wrong with these. They are really one of my favs.
From the start on, everyone that tried them really enjoyed them, especially my dad who begged me to make them again! I find them quite special, yet anyone could make them.
I hope you will have a blast making these beauties as much as I did and let me know what you think!