Prep time 20 min | Servings 20 pancakes | sugar free, gluten free
These sugar and gluten free pancakes will warm the hearth of everyone in the family when it’s time for breakfast. They are easy, quick and very delicious. You can eat them with any toppings you like and trust me you will be in heaven!
How to make Pancakes out of buckwheat flour
- 170 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 130 ml plant based milk
- In a big bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.
- Add the egg, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and milk and whisk well until there is no more lumps.
- You can add more milk if your batter is too thick.
- Heat up a non-sticky pan on medium heat with a little bit of coconut oil, it won’t be necessary to add more in between pancakes, it is to prevent from sticking for the first ones.
- Pour 1 tbsp of batter into the pan and let it cook for approximately 40 sec.
- Once bubbles start to appear on top and the sides look cook it is time to flip your pancake
- Repeat as many times as necessary to finish the batter
- Serve with any of your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Pancakes just don’t get old. Plus these are gluten free and refined sugar free, who isn’t happy this way? Pancakes are wonderful because you can even personalise them, just add some chocolate chips or berries or any other things that come to your mind and it makes the perfect alternative to the plain pancake.
Personally I love pancakes because I can even store them in the fridge up to 4-5 days and warm them up in the morning in a pan and they are as delicious. I feel like they are so comforting on a Sunday morning when it’s gloomy outside and you want to feel cozy.
Let me know how they make you feel!