Prep time 20 min | Bake time 20-30 min| Total time 50 min | Servings 1 jar of 550g | vegan – gluten free
This delicious recipe will make your taste buds dance. It might take a little bit of time but so worth it! It is a great accompaniment to your every day meal.
How to make Eggplant Caviar
- 2 medium aubergines
- 1 table spoon Tahini
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- ½ lemon (juice)
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C and prepare a tray with cooking paper.
- Cut your aubergines in half and place them on your prepared tray.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 min, until the inside of the aubergine is fully cooked
- Take them out and let them cool down for 10-15 min.
- Scrape the inside of the aubergine into a blender. Do not use the skin. Repeat for the other 3 halfs.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Place the paste in an air tight jar and store in the fridge. Enjoy on a warm piece of bread!
Eggplants are so rich in many nutrients, fibre, carbs, potassium and vitamin C are some of them. It is also high in antioxidants, which makes it one of the best veggies to add to your diet. This easy paste is an example of how to incorporate it into your meals.
I always end up snacking all the Eggplant Caviar away during my work breaks. A tortilla, a chip, a piece of bread, or a tarallo (Italian speciality) and I dip it in. Let me know in the comments below which is your favourite way to eat it!