Prep time 15 min | Bake time 20-25 min| Total time 50 min | Servings 6 muffins | vegan – gluten free
There is nothing more satisfying than a nice muffin with a melted chocolate center. It will melt into your mouth and bring you so much happiness. Plus they are vegan and gluten free, what more do we need?
How to make chocolate muffins
- 120 g oats
- 1 big smashed banana (140 g)
- 45 ml maple syrup
- 4 tbsp plant based milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 squares chocolate
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C
- Smash the banana and combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate square and the chocolate chips) together in a food processor and mix until a smooth batter forms
- Grease with some oil the muffins tins, I used coconut oil
- Pour evenly the batter into the muffin tins
- Push each chocolate square into the batter so that it covers it fully
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you wish, this is optional
- Bake for 20-25 min until the top of the muffins turn a golden color
- Let them cool down for 10 min in the muffins tins to let them set and prevent from breaking
- Get them out and enjoy!
The chocolate muffins are one of the best things on Earth I promise you. Their melted center will melt your heart. Plus they are not extremely sweet, but just enough to bring you the comfort you need. You can have them for breakfast, as dessert or even just a snack.
Personally I like this recipe a lot because they are quick to make, very easy and most importantly very delicious. I just have to throw in a food processor all the ingredients and the hardest part is done. Everyone that has tried them has loved them and I truly hope it will be the same for you!
Let me know what you think about them!