Prep time 40 min | Servings 3 burritos | Vegan
Sweet Potato Burritos are great to make as meal prep for the next day. It is full of different ingredients and is so yummy. It is a colourful, fun and easy meal to make, even for your children, they will love it!
How to make Sweet Potato Burrito
- 70g rice
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small carrot
- ½ zucchini
- 3 small garlic cloves
- ½ avocado
- ½ lemon
- 50ml tomato passata
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 120g canned kidney beans
- a few lettuce leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the package
- Peel and dice the sweet potato, then steam it until you are able to get a fork through easily. Set aside
- Dice the carrot, zucchini and garlic
- Add the olive oil to a non sticky pan and add the garlic. Let sit for 30 seconds on medium heat
- Add the carrot and zucchini with some water and let sit with a lid on for approximately 3min
- Add the sweet potato to the pan with the carrot and zucchini, stir and let set for around 2 min
- In the meanwhile, you can make the guacamole. Smash the avocado with a pinch of salt and the juice of half a lemon
- To make the spicy sauce, pour the tomato passata in a small bowl and add the chili powder. Mix well. You can add more or less in function of your taste for spiciness
- In a non sticky pan pour the kidney beans. Warm up for 2 -3 min. I like to warm them up with the water that is in the can
- Dice the cherry tomatoes
- When all the above is prepared, you are ready to assemble everything to make your burrito!
- Drizzle a little a little bit of water over the tortilla before warming it up to prevent it from breaking. Warm it up in the oven or a pan for 1 – 2 min
- Place the lettuce, a little bit of the vegetable mix, a bit of rice, some spicy sauce, a bit of beans, guacamole and some cherry tomatoes onto the middle of the tortilla. Fol one side over and then the other. Fold the ends to prevent the ingredients from falling out and enjoy!
I really like this recipe because even though it takes a little bit of time to make, it’s so fun and tasty. You can switch up the vegetables used so it never gets boring. It is very good to take with you to university, work or anywhere and it is healthy!
This is honestly one of my favourite meals.